CRAN release: 2022-05-12
- Fix navbar link when a destination page contains
index.html(thanks, @phillc73, #91).
- Fix an issue with
search.jsonthat was still written even when
search: falsein set in config (thanks, @mitchelloharawild, #425).
- Fix an issue prevent sizing of figures produced with knitr using
out.widthchunk option (thanks, @ssp3nc3r, #286).
- Fix an issue with running
targets::tar_render()with a distill Rmd document (thanks, @tarensanders, #400)
- Fix an issue with
full_content: truefor RSS feed creation (thanks, @yuryzablotski, #454).
- Footnotes inserted in tables have now their tooltip correctly place (thanks, @RMRubert, #411).
- Fix an issue with Leaflet Markers not showing when using non default layout (thanks, @AndersFenger, #106).
- Fix an issue with encoding when inserting
_footer.htmlin posts (thanks, @shikokuchuo, #417).
- Fix an issue with double tooltip on hover when a note style CSL is used for references (thanks, @sj-io, #423).
- Fix an issue when discovering a preview image with UTF-8 characters in its caption (thanks, @egodrive, #436).
- Improve WAVE assessment of output by adding
aria-hiddenon icon and setting
aria-labelon wrapping link (thanks, @batpigandme, #426).
create_website()now works when no
diris provided and prompted to user.
- Content in
<style>are now considered not searchable and exclude from content in
search.json. This should make the json file a lot lighter and loading faster as htmlwidget code (e.g plotly graph) would correctly be not included (thanks, @mitchelloharawild, #425).
- Improve highlighting theme
code_folding = FALSEset on a chunk is now correctly taken into account and does not enforce
echo = TRUE. As a reminder, setting
code_folding: truein YAML header will enforce
echo = TRUEon chunk, unless
code_foldingis unset on a per-chunk basis (thanks, @werkstattcodes, #297).
CRAN release: 2021-10-13
- Fix homepage not showing any posts after upgrading to rmarkdown 2.11 (#403)
- Fix references style by adding CSS rules used in Pandoc for citeproc.
- Fix issue w/ full content and categorized rss feed (#380).
- Fix issue w/
_footer.htmlcontaining HTML tags using attributes with no value (#377).
- Require lubridate 1.7.10 to fix an issue with timezone parsing on MacOS (#315).
- Listing pages are correctly filtered when using categories with special characters, encoded in URI (#332).
- distill now works with project folder containing special characters (#148).
- Improved handling for citations with multiple ids (show popup and include in Google Scholar metadata).
distill_article()now supports new feature from
rmarkdown::html_document_base()and will compile to CSS any
CRAN release: 2021-01-13
- Support for optional user display of source code via the
- Display citation popup when hovering over references.
- Definitely fix issue w/ importing articles from git repos with
maindefault branch (#215).
- Fix an issue with highlighting on Windows when there is a space in the resource’s path (#236).
- Add optional cookie consent overlay for opt-in to Google Analytics and Disqus.
- Support for including pages that use alternate R Markdown formats within Distill websites.
- Automatically register collections referenced in
create_article()function to create articles from alternate formats.
- Fix issue w/ broken images in search results for pages with no preview image.
- Fix issue w/ attempting to add non-site Rmds (e.g. README.Rmd) to search index.
- Fix issue w/ duplicate
includeswithin website articles
- Suppress citation for individual articles/posts via
sourceCodeclass to pre and code tags for downlit output.
- Fix issue w/ UTF-8 encoded characters in site _footer.html and listing creation.
CRAN release: 2020-12-02
- Fixed issue with
overflow: hiddenfor code blocks on mobile devices (is now
- Improve full text search behavior w/
- Fix issue w/ importing articles from git repos with
- Make headroom scroll tolerance a bit more forgiving (5px vs. 1px).
CRAN release: 2020-10-22
Add site search feature using Fuse.js (enabled by default for blog sites). Can be explicitly enabled or disabled for any site using the
searchfield in the
Provide navbar link to website source code when
source_urlis provided in the
Use pandoc rather than distill for bibliography generation. Provides support for
link-citations, as well as the use of multiple bibliographies (including non-BibTeX ones). Eliminates distill provided mouse-over citation display, but users seem to value the Pandoc features more than this one.
Use pandoc rather than distill for code output (syntax highlighting themes can be customized using the
highlightoption). New default highlighting theme optimized for accessibility.
Use the downlit package to syntax highlight R code chunks (controlled by the
highlight_downlitoption, which is enabled by default).
More straightforward theming using the
themeoption (available for both articles and sites) and the
Provide heading anchor links in left margin on hover.
Display article table of contents in the left sidebar. This is done only when the browser >= 1000 pixels wide, otherwise it’s shown at the top.
create_article()function for straightforward creation of new articles.
Show author (below date) within article listings.
Various improvements to category display, including showing categories on article pages and within article listings, adding a special “articles” category at the top that shows all articles, and display of the active category when a category filter is applied to a listing.
Don’t apply table td/th bottom border styles to gt tables.
orcid_idauthor metadata (displays next to author name).
rename_post_dir()function for renaming post directories to reflect updated titles and publishing dates.
Ensure that date fields in RSS feeds and sitemaps use
CRAN release: 2020-06-04
- Generate RSS category feeds using rss/categories in site config
- Support rendering full RSS content when rss/full_content is TRUE in site config
- Ability to add custom HTML to top of sidebar.
- Provide aria attributes on toolbar icons
- Add “volume,” “issue,” “issn,” and “publisher” fields for journal article BibTeX entries when those are provided in YAML.
- Provide alt text for logo image in navigation bar.
- Add support some missing Google Scholar meta tags such as
citation_technical_report_numberand their corresponding bibliography entries.
CRAN release: 2019-05-03
- Update to latest version of Distill template from https://github.com/distillpub/template